The purpose of the NABH Youth Services Committee is to promote the need for behavioral health treatment, education, and rehabilitation services for troubled youth; to get more visibility for youth services; and to raise youth services on the national agenda. The committee addresses public policy issues related to youth services and make recommendations to the Board of Trustees. The Board established the committee in 1998 as a way of elevating youth service issues on the association’s overall agenda.
The committee has helped NABH to launch a major national and grassroots campaign to “Make Behavioral Health for Youth a Priority.” This ongoing effort is designed to help policymakers and community leaders understand the importance of meeting the behavioral health needs of our nation’s youth.
Priority advocacy areas are to fight for expanded coverage for behavioral health care for youth, improved coordination of care, and fair funding.
The committee includes:
- Jameson K. Norton, M.B.A., F.A.C.H.E., Chief Operating Officer, Newport Healthcare, TN
- Pat Connell, R.N., M.B.A., FACHE, C.B.H.E., C.H.C., VP of Behavioral Health, Compliance & Government Relations, Boys Town Behavioral Health Division, NE
- Lisa D. Evans, M.A., Chief Operating Officer, Perimeter Healthcare, GA
- Andrew J. Gerber, M.D., Ph.D., Silver Hill Hospital, CT
- Andrew Hardin, Sr. Director Growth & Development, Kindred Behavioral Health, KY
- Tess Hughes, PhD, LMHC, CCTP, Chief Clinical Officer, Vivant Behavioral Healthcare, AZ
- Tom Kenny, Chief Executive Officer, Vivant Behavioral Healthcare, AZ
- Kerry Knott, Regional Vice President Universal Health Services, FL
- Michael R. Lyons, Vice President, Specialty Education, UHS of Delaware, Inc., FL
- Sejal Mehta, M.D., M.B.A., Medical Director, Perimeter Healthcare, TX
- Osei Mevs, Vice President, Government Relations, Acadia Healthcare, Inc., TN
- Mary C. Pawlikowski, M.A., MEd, President, Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and Clinics, TN
- Matt Wiltshire, Ed.D., M.P.H., Division President, Acadia Healthcare, Inc., AR
- Jessica Zigmond, Director of Communications, National Association for Behavioral Healthcare